Google Workspace pricing plans & cost 2023: A comprehensive reseller overview
Navigating the world of collaborative tools and productivity suites can seem complex, but as your trusted Google Workspace reseller and partner, we’re here to make it easier. As a comprehensive solution, Google Workspace caters to businesses of various sizes.
Let’s delve into the Google Workspace license options available in 2023, compare Google Workspace plans, and ensure you select the subscription that optimally fits your needs.
Google Workspace plans overview
Google Workspace’s offerings range from essential tools for small businesses to advanced solutions for large enterprises. The key Google Workspace plans include Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, and Enterprise.
Each plan has different features and benefits, so choosing the one that’s right for your business is important.
- Business Starter: This is the entry-level plan, ideal for small businesses or teams looking for essential tools like Gmail, Calendar, and Drive. With a per-user pricing structure, the Google Workspace Business Starter provides 30 GB of storage per user.
- Business Standard: A step up from the Business Starter, the Business Standard plan offers more advanced features, such as enhanced security options and more extensive storage (5 TB per user). This plan also incorporates additional productivity tools, making it suitable for medium-sized businesses or teams with greater demands.
- Business Plus is the most feature-rich plan from Google Workspace. It includes everything in Business Standard, plus even more storage, advanced security features, and support for calling and video conferencing. It’s a good option for businesses with up to 300 users who need the best possible productivity and collaboration tools.
- Enterprise is a custom plan designed for businesses with more than 300 users. It includes all the features of Business Plus, plus additional security and administrative features.
The pricing for Google Workspace plans varies depending on the number of users and the features you need. The updated list prices for Google Workspace Business editions in 2023 are as follows:
- Business Starter: €6.90 per user per month or €5.75 per user per year.
- Business Standard: €13.80 per user per month or €11.50 per user per year.
- Business Plus: €20.70 per user per month or €17.25 per user per year.
The updated list prices for Google Workspace Enterprise editions in 2023 are as follows:
- Enterprise: Depends on the type of license and features you are looking for. The license price varies from €10 to €30.
Summary of Google Workspace plans and their key features
Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides
Everything in Business Starter, plus: 2 TB of storage per user, enhanced collaboration tools, security features
Everything in Business Standard, plus: 5 TB of storage per user, advanced security features, calling and video conferencing
Everything in Business Plus, plus: custom branding, single sign-on, advanced security controls
€10 - €30
For more information on the plan pricing, see the article Google Workspace announces pricing updates and more flexible payment options.
License management and cost optimization
With the various Google Workspace license types available, businesses must adopt a robust license management strategy. This ensures they aren’t overspending on unnecessary licenses or finding themselves short on vital tools.
Tools like Google Admin Console can help administrators efficiently assign, track, and manage these licenses.
As partners, we understand the nuances of Google Workspace license types and the importance of effective license management. Our team assists businesses in deploying, tracking, and managing these licenses, ensuring optimal usage and cost efficiency.
There is also a possibility to use multiple types of licenses under one domain.
Google Workspace license types
There are two types of Google Workspace licenses: user and seat.
User licenses are assigned to individual users. This is the most common type of license.
Seat licenses are assigned to a device or computer. This license type is typically used for shared devices, such as kiosks or public computers.
An alias license in Google Workspace is a type of license that allows you to create additional email addresses for a user. These email addresses can be used for creating separate inboxes for different projects or departments or for creating email addresses specific to a particular role or function within your organization.
Alias licenses are assigned to users; each user can have up to 30 addresses. Alias addresses are free to create and do not count against the user’s storage quota.
Google Workspace subscription
Google Workspace subscriptions are renewed on a monthly or annual basis. You can choose to pay for your subscription monthly or annually.
Choosing the right Google Workspace plan
When you compare the different Google Workspace plans, keep the following in mind:
- Business size: Your size and scale dictate your needs. We’ll help align your choice with your organizational size.
- Storage needs: We can assist in evaluating your storage demands to ensure you never run short.
- Security and compliance: For businesses in sectors with strict data compliance standards, we recommend the enhanced features of the Enterprise plan.
- Budgetary constraints: We work closely with our clients to ensure they receive the best value, balancing features and cost.
Which license fits which business?
Let’s look at each Google Workspace license in more detail to help you make a well-informed decision.
Business Starter is a good option for small businesses with up to 300 users who need basic productivity tools. It includes Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides. This plan is a good choice for businesses needing a simple and affordable email, calendaring, and file storage solution.
Business Standard is a good option for businesses with up to 300 users who need more features and functionality. It includes everything in Business Starter, plus additional storage, enhanced collaboration tools, and security features. This plan is a good choice for businesses that need to collaborate on documents, spreadsheets, and presentations in real-time. It also includes more storage space for each user, which is important for businesses that create and store many files.
Business Plus is the most feature-rich plan from Google Workspace. It includes everything in Business Standard, plus even more storage, advanced security features, and support for calling and video conferencing. This plan is a good choice for businesses that need the best possible productivity and collaboration tools. It also includes advanced security features, such as 2-factor authentication and data loss prevention, which are important for businesses that handle sensitive data.
Enterprise is a custom plan designed for businesses with more than 300 users. It includes all the features of Business Plus, plus additional security and administrative features. This plan is a good choice for large businesses with complex IT needs. It includes custom branding, single sign-on, and advanced security controls.
Wondering how to best collaborate with companies that do not use Google Workspace? Read our expert article for tips and tricks here.
Partner with the best
As your dedicated Google Workspace reseller, we aim to simplify the process of choosing the right plan, ensuring that your business gets the most out of Google’s powerful suite of tools.
We’ll guide you through the intricacies of Google Workspace pricing plans and costs for 2023 — your optimal digital workspace is just a conversation away. Contact us for a free consultation.