We’re looking for a new colleague to join our CloudOps support team! We provide an SRE service called CloudOps to enterprise companies and startups who use leading public clouds solutions (Google GCP, Amazon AWS).
The aim of the service is to take over the responsibility for maintaining their systems, Kubernetes clusters, servers, databases, load balancers, disaster recovery scenarios and security. Our customers prefer to use cloud services (IaaS, PaaS) over plain virtual machines.
As a CloudOps Engineer, you will support existing customers’ cloud systems (GCP, AWS). You will be responsible for monitoring, alerting and break & fix support as well as new implementation. You will be in daily contact with our clients and our Cloud providers (Google, and Amazon).
What do we expect:
- Experience with Linux at an admin level
- Experience with K8s administration
- Experience with networks at OSI model levels 3 to 7
- Experience with SQL database administration (MySQL, PostgreSQL) – you don’t need to know how to create complex SQL queries, but you should know how to manage the database engine and export/import data.
- Knowledge of why and how to monitor services and how to set alerts for outages – Knowledge of Stackdriver, Prometheus and PagerDuty is an advantage.
- You don’t need to be a developer, but it is expected that you know how to read and write BASH / Python code at a functional level for everyday us as an administrators.
- It would be an advantage if you knew GCP services, especially GCE, Storage, and Networking, and AWS equivalent systems.
Job responsibilities include:
- Analysing the customer’s technical problems
- Communicating with the cloud support (Google, Amazon)
- Fixing technical problems on customer’s cloud systems.
- Communicating with customers about the status and progress on their issues
- New implementation of CloudOps service
- A pleasant, casual work environment.
- People who have something to say, who are fun, and who are constantly learning from themselves and others.
- A mix of geeks, salespeople, creatives and regular folks who all work together as a team.
- Open communication in which you can say what you think – you can disagree, but you are expected to come up with new solutions and ideas.
- Work on interesting projects with modern technologies and people who want to push the world forward.
- International clients from various cultural backgrounds, but with one thing in common: they expect the best from us.
- And of course those “bare necessities” such as unlimited coffee and Uber for business purposes.